We have created an 8 oz jar with blue wax to “Light it up” for the month of April.
25% of each “Light it up blue” candle will be donated to Autism Speaks or choose donation and we will donate $14.95!
- In 2020 the CDC determined that approximately 1 in 54 children is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- 1 in 37 boys
- 1 in 151 girls
- Boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with autism than girls.
- Most children were still being diagnosed after age 4, though autism can be reliably diagnosed as early as age 2.
- Nearly two-thirds of children with autism between the ages of 6 and 15 have been bullied.
- Autism can affect the whole body.
- On average, autism costs an estimated $60,000 a year through childhood, with the bulk of the costs in special services and lost wages related to increased demands on one or both parents. Costs increase with the occurrence of intellectual disability.